Switcher Questions

Reaction score
Hi All

Just a couple of questions if I may,

What DVD-RW are people using (brand speed etc)

Is there any free photo shop software as fance playing around but have never used anything like this so wouldnt want to shell out for CS4

Many thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06 ghz 4gb Ram 1tb, Ipod Touch 1g, iPhone 3G, iBook G4 1.2ghz 1.25 GB
I use sony DVD's and have never had any problem. Never really looked at the speed though.

I think Gimp makes a Mac version for free you can find it through google.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
On the DVD front, I have bought Apple Branded and generic in the past. For some reason, DVD -R seems more reliable in my MacBook, even though in theory DVD +R should be.

Panasonic or Memorex are good brands, go with those. I would never burn faster than 2x for anything critical. Wasting a DVD with a poor burn is annoying.

iPhoto allows for quite a lot of editing, this will come with your Mac, so play with that first. The GIMP is free and very powerful, although not necessarily for the Newbie, you could give it a try. You need X11 to install it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.