Where to get an old emac or imac?

Reaction score
I've had my macbook for two years, and I've decided it needs to last me another two.

I use it SO often that I'm afraid it's not going to.

I'm tempted to buy an old emac or imac or something to use to play my music, use as an alarm, surf the internet randomly, etc.

I saw this banner ad thing where you could buy one for like $200. It didn't advertise them as being used, but I'm guessing they'd have to be? Unless someone had a bunch lying around in boxes somewhere for years. lol

The site was wegenermedia.com, but I didn't know if that'd be a reliable site or not?

Or if maybe there's a reliable site out there where I could get a cheap emac or imac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0ghz Core Duo 1 Gig Ram 80Gig HD, iMac 2.4ghz Core 2 Duo 1gig RAM 320gig HD
I have had my mackbook for about 2 and a half years now and I have no doubt that it will last me another 2 years. I replaced the battery and now it is basically good as new.

As for cheap you can always check out ebay or craigslist and just search around for a used one in good condition. There are some great deals out there if you just do a little searching

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
If you can lay your hands on a 1.42 GHz eMac, go for it! They are very hard to locate because their owners don't want to let them go! This was the model that had no capacitor problem like the others. If you're going to get a lower spec model, try to find one that's had its logic board replaced or repaired.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac 1.42 GHz, 512 MB RAM, 40 GB HDD, OS X 10.4
PowerMax is a good reliable place to buy used Macs, but their prices are absolutely insane. (They wanted $800 for a 12" 1.33 GHz iBook G4 - I ended up getting one for $485 on eBay.)

eBay or craigslist are the obvious places. However, I have heard good things about WegenerMedia. Might be worth checking out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
PowerMax is a good reliable place to buy used Macs, but their prices are absolutely insane. (They wanted $800 for a 12" 1.33 GHz iBook G4 - I ended up getting one for $485 on eBay.)
Definitely agree with you on that! ;) If you can take advantage of the trade in, it helps...(if you don't want to keep your old Mac) They are reliable. Just not cheap!:D

Reaction score
I would check craigslist. I just bought a G4 with a keyboard and mouse for $70. Its only 450Mhz but with 896MB RAM. But it surfs the internet great!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lombard 400, 190cs, Wallstreet 233
Another cheap option instead of an emac or imac is the G4 mac mini. They are much smaller and you can get an LCD for it. They usually go for about 200-300 depending on their specifications though you would have to find one on usedeverything.com, craigslist, or kijiji

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.