New Mac user...how do I burn a dvd after ripping?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 17"
Just backed up a dvd using mactheripper.

Can't figure out how to burn to disc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
if you did a full disc extraction, it wont fit on a dvd right from ripping. even if you used main feature only mode, it wont fit you need to either use dvd2onex to compress, or burn in roxio popcorn which will compress it for you.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 17"
Macman said:
if you did a full disc extraction, it wont fit on a dvd right from ripping. even if you used main feature only mode, it wont fit you need to either use dvd2onex to compress, or burn in roxio popcorn which will compress it for you.

I did a full disc extraction and the files are 4.26 gb.....so it did shrink it down. Just can't figure out how to burn it to the dvd. Shouldn't I be able to do it without a third party program?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 1.33 Ghz, 768 RAM
I am not quite sure I understand what you want to know .

But if you have a blank disc in your machine and you click on it and move it
your trash icon should turn to a burn symbol . You just drag the blank disc on to it .

If you are using iDVD then there is an closed circle like a camera shutter on the bottom right corner of the window click it to reveal the burn button .

Hope this helps
Paul

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 17"
The problem was that I was not getting a disc icon when I inserted the dvd. I'm in the process of burning now. I dragged the ts video folder to the blank dvd icon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mikegold said:
The problem was that I was not getting a disc icon when I inserted the dvd. I'm in the process of burning now. I dragged the ts video folder to the blank dvd icon.
that just burns a data dvd. you can use toast in the data tab as a udf.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 17"
So there's no way to burn a dvd, after I rip and shrink it, with the included Mac software? I need to purchase a third party burning software?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
you can make a disc image and burn it in disk utility, click Images>new>image from folder>select the folder containing a videots and audiots folder, then as format, choose dvd/cd master and burn.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 17"
Macman said:
you can make a disc image and burn it in disk utility, click Images>new>image from folder>select the folder containing a videots and audiots folder, then as format, choose dvd/cd master and burn.

Tried this twice. I ended up with a file with a .cdr extension. I burned it to a dvd-r disc and both times ended up with an unusable disc.

Guess I need to spring for the Roxio software.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.