multiple displays

O

octohunter

Does anybody know if either the new imac or mini mac can support two displays?
Thanks.

OP
P

proudlywelsh83

octohunter said:
Does anybody know if either the new imac or mini mac can support two displays?
Thanks.

Yeah the new Imac G5 supports a second display via a Mini DVI port on the rear of the mac. You will need the appropriate adapter from apple. I'm sure the part number is M8639.

Apple in their wisdom have locked down the graphics card on the G5 Imacs to only allowing video mirroring, although there is a workaround to use and extended desktop.

Take a look at

http://www.rutemoeller.com/mp/ibook/ibook_e.html Screen Spanning

As for the Mini Mac I'm not really sure

Hope this helps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
The Mac mini only has one display connector, therefore only accepts one display...

OP
T

TapperManor

The Apple webssite says it supports "Coherant" displays with the DVI connector. Does this mean two (or More)?

Tapper

Reaction score
I have never heard of a single DVI connector being able to run 2 monitors.

OP
T

TapperManor

From apples site:

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Video
DVI video output for digital resolutions up to 1920 x 1200 pixels; supports 20-inch Apple Cinema display and 23-inch Apple Cinema HD display; supports coherent digital displays up to 154MHz; supports non-coherent digital displays up to 135MHz
---------------------------------------------------------------------

OP
M

meltbanana314

proudlywelsh83 said:
Yeah the new Imac G5 supports a second display via a Mini DVI port on the rear of the mac. You will need the appropriate adapter from apple. I'm sure the part number is M8639.

I thought the iMac G5 had a VGA port only.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.