Tiger/Leopard Partition Issue

Reaction score
First post. Sorry if this question has already been asked. I couldn't find it in my searches...

So I've installed Leopard on my old Tiger using a 3 partition install. Let me elaborate...

i boot using leopard installation image and create some partitions.

partition 1: Tiger
partition 2: Leopard (in theory)
partition 3: Leopard installation image (i back-up/duplicate all media once purchased, it makes it easier and waaay faster to use)

I boot using "leopard installation image" and install leopard to partition 2 so i can use the migration and import my old tigers information. Works like a charm. I boot up to leopard and then it hits me...

How do i get rid of the Tiger OS on partition 1 and make the Leopard OS on partition 2 the primary and only OS on my machine?

I thought about using the restore disk utility option to copy partition 2 to partition 1 and go from there. Thought about making image of leopard partition and restoring it to partition 1. I even considered reinstalling leopard on partition 1 and using migration on the other leopard. Im just unsure if i can erase partition 1 at all without adverse effects. Anyone run into this kind of issue before?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.