Speaker Fan Issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC G5 Quad 2.5/6gsram/250gb+1T HD/OSX 10.4.7
Hi all,
This is my first post and here is my issue.
I recently disconnected the front speaker fan as it seemed to be the cause of a louder than usual whiring sound coming from inside the case. I did this while the computer was still running. After a restart I re-connected it and it wont stop running full blast, way faster than it did before.
How do I reset this, some sort of cooling preferences or power prefs.
Any ideas.

Thanks

PPC G5 Quad 2.5/6gb ram
250gb+ 1T HD

Reaction score
Hi all,
This is my first post and here is my issue.
I recently disconnected the front speaker fan as it seemed to be the cause of a louder than usual whiring sound coming from inside the case. I did this while the computer was still running. After a restart I re-connected it and it wont stop running full blast, way faster than it did before.
How do I reset this, some sort of cooling preferences or power prefs.
Any ideas.

Thanks

PPC G5 Quad 2.5/6gb ram
250gb+ 1T HD

There are a few free fan control applications that you can install and then try to adjust the speed. Do a search on Google.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks tor the response. I have not had much luck with this. I did not mention that I disconnected the fan while the computer was running, is that a clue?

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Also I am keeping it unplugged, is this dangerous? should I leave it plugged in even though it is blowing full blast?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.