MacBook AL: Battery

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4 ghz/Iphone 4/Ipod 4th Gen/More Coming I'm sure, too bad for my wallet ;)
Hey guys,
I have an AL Macbook (Late 2008) and had a couple questions about the battery. As of right now, with brightness at 50 percent and the LED keyboard off I get around 4 hours of battery life.

That, however, isn't my problem. This thing takes FOREVER to charge. I'm talking about 6+ hours...often nearing 7. Is this normal for everyone?? My white Macbook charged in about 4 hours max. I know that the new batteries have a different trickle charge but this is a little ridiculous. Anyone else notice this??

On another note, I think MacBook AL is an easy addition to refer to the late MacBooks since AL= Aluminum. That way we would know from the topic itself which Macbook it would be referring to. Just a thought for easy surfing through the forum. :D

BTW I attached a pic for fun...tell me what you think.

IMG_0575.JPG

Reaction score
My battery is taking a long time to charge as well. I haven't been timing it for the most part, but did decide to take note a bit ago to see how long it was taking. It went from "1:55 until full" to 1:35 until full" in a bit over 30 minutes. Not a huge difference, but at the same time, over the full range it adds up. Luckily I'm getting a long battery run out of it too (it went between 3 1/2-4 hours before it hit 20%, so I could see it hitting the claimed 5 hours...this was just straight web browsing and IM, that's it), but it is annoying when it takes so long to charge.

Also...you have an absurd amount of apps in your dock (at least compared to mine). I guess as long as you use them. haha. Is that your bike? Ninja 500?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
duno about your problem, but nice pic of the AL.
my macbook has a problem of short battery life too, but nothing about charging up

OP
walkum13
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4 ghz/Iphone 4/Ipod 4th Gen/More Coming I'm sure, too bad for my wallet ;)
Also...you have an absurd amount of apps in your dock (at least compared to mine). I guess as long as you use them. haha. Is that your bike? Ninja 500?

Haha...yeah I guess, I use some of them but Safari and Chess I never use lol...I guess I could get rid of it. Since the dock has that Magnify ability I never really saw it as a problem. The bike isn't mine, I was just messing around with the color settings on my camera and took a pic only with the green body part in color while the rest was in black and white.

I was thinking about the battery and Maybe it's like the Ipod? In the sense it charges to 80% in an hour (once again the Ipod) and takes like 2-3 hours to charge the remaining 20.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.