Cheap Macs from China?

Reaction score
Idaho, USA, Out in the Country Northwest of Boise
Your Mac's Specs
Pismo 400MHz bought for $46
I posted this in PowerBooks as this is where I usually hang out (here and Classic OS) but it has Intel Mac info too!

I got an email from a friend that looked like spam so I checked the headers out and looked for tracking beacons and everything looked OK. It directed me to a Chinese website that has some amazing deals on previous generation Mac products and a lot of other electronics.

Apple,Notebooks-*** for Macs

They have 2GHz MacBooks for $470! and a 17" 1.67GHz PowerBook for $680!

Are these guys for real? Has anyone heard of this? I often buy small things like cables direct from Hong Kong on eBay for good prices but have never seen this low of prices on larger items. I'm sure shipping is high but maybe this is where all those 'like new' and 'refurbished' Macs come from on eBay...

If I ever bought something from them I would use my Firefox PayPal plugin, so as not to reveal Credit Card info.

Of course I'm broke too, but that point not withstanding...

Maybe if I sell all fourteen or so of my old Macs off I could buy one 'almost new' one?!? :^)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lombard 400, 190cs, Wallstreet 233
Its either a scam or what you get is NOT what they advertise (lookalike hackintosh).

I recommend against it. With the new Macbooks out now, there will be people selling off the white/black macbooks of previous generations that will be dirt cheap and legit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
the price is in euros, not dollars

OP
unknown1
Reaction score
Idaho, USA, Out in the Country Northwest of Boise
Your Mac's Specs
Pismo 400MHz bought for $46
Yes, I realized that it is in Euros but they have a currency converter:
www.ele-zone.com

Strimkind: Yes, it could be a scam. But I was asking anyone if they had DEALT with them before. Like I said previously I have purchased items of excellent quality for pennies on the dollar from overseas (and good ol Canada too!) before so not EVERYTHING is a scam, just never considered buying anything this big before...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
...That's not even a deal for the Powerbooks.
Personally I think it's a waste of money dude. I used to hate the MacBook because of the smaller screen, but for $600 some odd dollars, you could get a MacBook for that money and completely outperform a maxed out 1.67 GHz Powerbook.

The MacBooks though - Yeah I'd beware of that....You never know though...If they're paypal verified, I wouldn't see a problem with it.

L-O-L at the 14 or so old Macs! Hey isn't it awesome having your room littered with Macs? I miss those days...Having my room littered with clamshells of all different colours. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.