Adium Chat Logs

Reaction score
Hey,
I need to find my Adium chat logs on my MacBook, but I can't find them -anywhere-
I really need these chat logs to sort out an argument once and for all and put some-one straight.

Can anyone tell me where to find them please? I've looked in Preferences and everything, can't even find the chatlog option...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD Drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M+9600M GT
They are kept at this location:
/Users/yourusername/Library/Application Support/Adium 2.0/Users/Default/Logs/yourchatusername/

OP
Mesalline
Reaction score
They are kept at this location:
/Users/yourusername/Library/Application Support/Adium 2.0/Users/Default/Logs/yourchatusername/

I tried looking in their but I still can't find anything

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
It's for sure in Users/Username/Library/Application Support/Adium 2.0/Users/Default/Logs

I just checked and they are all there in folders for what Chat Service it is like AIM, Yahoo, ICQ, etc.

Are you using the latest version of Adium??

OP
Mesalline
Reaction score
It's for sure in Users/Username/Library/Application Support/Adium 2.0/Users/Default/Logs

I just checked and they are all there in folders for what Chat Service it is like AIM, Yahoo, ICQ, etc.

Are you using the latest version of Adium??

Great, I've found them :) Thanks, that's solved allot of problems for me :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Why didn't you just select a contact and hit Cmd + L to bring up the Chat Transcripts?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Why didn't you just select a contact and hit Cmd + L to bring up the Chat Transcripts?

That is the way I have always accessed the logs in Adium.

Glad I could help though.

OP
Mesalline
Reaction score

Because I didn't know you could do that until now ;) Thanks for the tip though, I'll use it in future.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
What I find most interesting is that people offered the most difficult solution to your problem when a far easier one was available :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.