Using an image instead of generic folder icon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White 2.16GHz 2Gb OS X 10.5, 16Gb iPhone 3G Black
Hi guys,

I'm just wondering, is it possible to use a specific image as a one-off folder icon instead of the generic folder icon. For example, say i had a movies folder, and within that were lots of other folders, each with the title of a movie, and within those folders, the movies themselves.... can i give the folder containing the movie a 'picture' instead of the generic folder icon, so that in cover flow etc it looks much nicer and is easier to identify what im looking for (rather than just by name).

Movies folder > Movie 'X' folder > X.avi

I want to use a specific image for the Movie 'X' folder, instead of the generic folder icon, but it would be a different image for Movie 'X', Movie 'Y' Movie 'Z' etc, i dont want to change the generic folder icon.

Hope this is possible....

Thanks in advance,

Luke

Reaction score
Copy the image you want to use. Control(Right) click on the folder icon/ Get Info/ Click the small icon in top left (Not the larger one at bottom)/ Paste.

This will change the folder icon to an icon of the image though (I.E. It will not look like a folder, although it still is one).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.