Powerbook G4: power light flashing green... oh no, now what?

S

snakpak

Hi everyone,

That green light (that turns amber when it's charging) on my AC adapter is now *flashing* green when I plug it into the Powerbook. And the computer won't power up. I take out the battery, plug the power in again and it still *flashes* green. What is the cause of this?! Is my power adapter toast, or is it something worse? Egads, I hope it's just the power adapter!

Any thoughts would be appreciated. It's an 867 Powerbook G4 12", the coolest computer I've ever owned. You only realize how much you miss your computer when you experience a hardware failure...

Thanks,

Kelly

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
one, your in the wrong forum, but i will help you sinc i happen to be in the neighborhood.it is flashing because it is not getting a steady reading that it is pluged in. This could be your power adapter but more likely your computer. If you have a apple care plan and it is still affective, this should be fixed with no cost to you, if you are going to have to pay to get it fixed it is going to be quite costly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.