on-the-go playlists

I

i love macs

is there a limited number of songs you can put on the on-the-go playlist????
ive been trying to organise my ipod using this feature but after after a while it stops acknowledging when i hold down the middle button and i cant figure out why! i tried deleting the list and starting again and it works fine...for a while then the same thing happens. any ideas?

OP
V

viceroy716

can you please explain this feature a bit more. I see it on my ipod menu,but don't know what it does.

thanks,
steve

i love macs said:
is there a limited number of songs you can put on the on-the-go playlist????
ive been trying to organise my ipod using this feature but after after a while it stops acknowledging when i hold down the middle button and i cant figure out why! i tried deleting the list and starting again and it works fine...for a while then the same thing happens. any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
Viceroy, on-the-go playlist allows you to creat a playlist directly on your iPod without having to first creat it on your Mac or PC and then transfer it to your iPod. I personally don't really use that feature so I don't remember how to do it, but from what I recall it's fairly simple. If you have your iPod's owner's manual handy there are step-by-step instructions on how to do it.

-Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
on the ipod, go into the on the go playlist and it gives you instructions in it.

OP
I

i love macs

ah! now i find out today the eq isnt working either. nothing happens when i select one now. this is getting annoying, maybe il do a fresh install or sumthing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I would say try a hard reboot first and see if that works.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Press and hold the Menu & Play/pause buttons to reboot the iPod.

If that doesn't work, do a restore using the iPod Software updater in your utilities folder.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.