Thinking of buying an iPhone!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Black MacBook | 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo | 4GB RAM | 160GB HDD
Hey iPhone people! I am thinking about buying an iPhone - I think they're awesome - but I want to ask, does anyone know when the next big update/refresh is? The last thing I want to do is buy an iPhone when a newer one is just around the corner. Thanks!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
The 3G iPhone just came out recently, so I wouldn't worry.
And as owning 2 myself, (wife and I) we have the original and the 3G. You won't be disappointed! My wife actually said "why didn't you tell me before, that they were so much fun!" =]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.14ghz || 120GB || IPHONE 3G 8GB JBken 4GB RAM || <3
You could expect one around SUMMER 2009. They usually update their macbooks every year, and if its the same with the iPhones, it should be in July/August.

~joe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
You could expect one around August 2009. They usually update their macbooks every year, and if its the same with the iPhones, it should be in August.

~joe

There's no precedent for that. The first iPhone came out in June, the 3G came out in July. Macbooks are updated in April/May and October/November. No clue where you got August out of all that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There's no precedent for that. The first iPhone came out in June, the 3G came out in July. Macbooks are updated in April/May and October/November. No clue where you got August out of all that.

I am not giving an exact date. I am giving an estimate. Sometime that quarter. I didn't mean to give him the idea that it is coming out EXACTLY in August. Its in between the dates posted above, and we will probably hear more news around that time period.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you wanted to give an estimate, you could have said next summer. Saying August makes it sound as though you know the exact date as to when it's coming out. If you had said June or July it wouldn't have been such a big deal since that's when Apple has historically released the iPhone, but there's nothing that would indicate Apple will release the next one in August, so it's very odd that you would state that month with such authority.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I gladly edited my information.

No need to get so hostile.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not getting hostile, just making sure we provide the best possible information here at M-F.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD Drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M+9600M GT
I won't be buying one until the next major update. I don't personally believe they have got it quite right just yet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.