Computers are not produced perfect!

Reaction score
So I've replaced my brand new MB 2.0ghz models 3 times and its still not perfect!

First time I bought one, as soon as I opened it a huge dead pixel bottom right of the screen, maybe 2 dead pixels on top of each other! I was disappointed so I turned off laptop and went the next day to return it.

Second laptop exchange. I come home and I find not a dead pixel but I guess a pixel thats not working properly like the rest. I let it slide, you can only see it on a white background most of the time and its small. Looks like a pixel that just doesnt brigthen up as much as the rest of the screen very tiny. Fine, then I find a piece of hair curled up in a C under the LCD with the computer off! Maybe 2mm big. I couldnt believe it. I said "I LOVE LITTLE PRETTY PINK POODLES no" and went back. Before I went back I also put the laptop under a very bright light with it off and I found more dust inside, which you really cant see but dust? I thought they make computers in a perfectly dust free environment.

3rd computer. I open it up, another one of those not as bright as other pixels this time its in the corner. And the black lining above the LCD screen around the mac has a white speck in it like theres either a white colored speck of something in there or the paint missed a spot.

So yah there we go! I refuse to believe I've had bad luck 3 times in a row with all brand new boxes, the apple store I go to sells tons of these macbooks every day. I believe alot of clients are getting their macs like this but just not caring.

Theres no way im going to replace it for the 4th time, I figured I take it hair free and in a month I wont even be anal about it. We'll see if that white speck bothers me.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'd return it again. I recently returned a 19" LCD monitor three times to Best Buy because of dead or glowing pixels. In my situation it was a matter of $200.00 for the monitor, but you're talking about at least a $1000.00 investment. Take it back!

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
first time 2.4 perfect :)

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Open the thing up in your car if you have to and check to see if there are problems with it. Then you can go back to the store if you have to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
I had a MBP Yellowing Issues and the store let me open before i took it...

Reaction score
Yeah I bet a lotta people just didn't want to deal with taking it back. My macbook that I got a couple years ago has had a little speck on the screen since I got it. I was sooo excited to get my macbook that day and start messing around with it that I never took it back to exchange it! And now it annoys the crap out of me!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
I am completely happy with my New Aluminum MacBook.
The only thing was that the power adapter had some sort of black grease on it so I just wiped that off.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP
I'm sorry to hear about the problems but look at it this way, you got four new computers in a matter of ten days.

Imagine how those MS XBox customers feel when they got those red lights and they won't fix them. As it turns out, they are acknowledging the problem was known and it's costing them $1.5 Billion to fix or replace the problem. It reenforces the quality Customer Service with Apple. I know about this first hand since Apple replaced an older Powerbook that had problems with a new MBP;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Aluminum 2.0 GHz, 160GB HD, 4GB RAM
New MB Arrived today

FedEx Delivered my new MB today (I'm still at work) and I can't wait to open it. I'll keep you posted about any flaws or problems I run into. First time Mac buyer and I'm pumped, I love Apple, I have the iphone 3g and had to have the new MB for Law School.

OP
S
Reaction score
Lol! Well im done with Macs. I was going through wallpapers today I find a black wallpaper, I change it and BAM i see white spots and half circles on my LCD.

***!?

I haven't in my life experienced this many problems with a laptop ever.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Aluminum 2.0 GHz, 160GB HD, 4GB RAM
the only defect I found with my new aluminum MacBook is that the trackpax seems to be slighty off center (as in there is more space between the edge of the glass and the aluminum on the left side than the right. It is very minor and doesn't affect the use so I don't care). I love it though no dead pixels or any problems of any sort

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Intel Core Duo, ProTools HD, Digi 192
In my opinion- No company is going to make 100% of their computers perfectly. The problems people say they have with macs are the same exact problems Dell HP Gateway etc... have. Macintosh is not to blame, this stuff just happens with ANY product out there on the market. Every computer I've bought I asked the sales person to open the box and check everything before I even leave the store, and I would advise EVERYONE to do the same. Defects happen with any product, any company.
-Just my 2 cents on the subject.
Sorry to all you with problems :(

OP
S
Reaction score
4 Defective laptops though? The sales person was speechless she kept apologizing for my "bad luck"

1. First laptop huge dead pixel (2-3 together)
2. A piece of hair under LCD
3. Another dead pixel
4. White botches and half circles on LCD

I took my 1500 back and ran

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iPad, MacBook Pro.
From being a total Mac Nut!, I am quickly going off them, I just do not expect quality problems from high end laptops. I thought we paid for "Quality" with Apple!

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
I had the same problem with my new MBP. I just got a new one that is now loading up from TM. If that is the same, I am going to get a iMac 24" and my money back for the rest. Maybe even a Mini and a MacBook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1 Ghz 4GB RAM 120GB HDD, iPod Touch 16GB, iPod Shuffle 1GB, BB 8130
guys, stop standing up for Apple.

They clearly screwed up this guy, with 4 laptops, and they're clearly to blame - they said themselves that they make everything that goes into a Mac. A faulty LCD screen is their fault.

Very bad experience though.

Reaction score
Just letting you know, no laptop design is perfect because everyone's idea of perfection is different and earthly perfection doesn't exist. If a laptop's design was perfect then it wouldn't break, age, smudge or scratch.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
They clearly screwed up this guy, with 4 laptops, and they're clearly to blame - they said themselves that they make everything that goes into a Mac. A faulty LCD screen is their fault.

Very bad experience though.

Apple makes the LCD? The Intel CPU? The Chipset?

I would do a bit more reading as Apple does not make the LCD panels in any of their machines.

I am not saying they should not help the OP, but saying that Apple states they make everything that goes into a Mac is not true.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.