something that keeps the paint to the left & right of the touch pad from wearing out?

D

darthjones

i want to keep the area to the left and right of the touchpad on my powerbook from wearing out. i've noticed that after continuous use the paint around the area that the wrists rest on wears out. i have a new powerbook and i don't want that to happen again. the dell laptops at my work have clear plastic stick-on things that cover those areas. i was wondering if anyone knows where to get them and if there are ones specifically made for powerbooks. any information would be appreciated.

thanks

OP
K

ktparker

The same thing happened to my Dell, as well as many of the keys, so I'd also like some advice in this area for when I get my PB.

OP
I

IChing

???Its made of the same metal as the cover, so I don't understand, it is not plastic. unless your'e using a metal glove, or metal fingernails, annoized al doesn't wear out that easy, the keys are plastic as are all computers. I also use a mouse most of the time.....oh its not a dell either....its a powerbook we are talking about... enjoy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.