How do I give window more space/memory?

Reaction score
I'm running windows on my imac and need to give it more memory or space as I use it to author DVDs and it seems to be very slow and runs out of hard drive space. Can I allocate more memory to it or give it more hard drive space? If so, how?

Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The only way you can give Windows more memory is to add more memory to your iMac. Depending on which model of iMac you own, you can have a maximum of 4 GB of memory of which 3.3 GB will be usable by Windows.

Hard drive space is a different matter. In order to increase the amount of hard drive space allocated to Windows you'll need a program which can non-destructively increase the partition.

Paragon Software has a free preview program called "Camp Tune" which you can download and use to increase your Boot Camp partition for Windows.

Camp Tune for Mac OS X - Overview

Before using Camp Tune be sure to make a backup of OS X and any Windows software you have installed.

Regards.

OP
K
Reaction score
Thanks, but the hard drive is not partitioned at all.
I guess I'm talking about space allocated for the windows desktop, not RAM.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.