• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Solution to Video Flicker from Multi Machine Render in After Effects CS3

Reaction score
I just want to post this for anyone who had a problem with this.

Problem: I was rendering a huge AE CS3 project for one of our clients over a network using 5 Mac Pro 8 Core systems and I kept getting a flicker in all my videos, that were embedded in the AE COMPS, once rendered into a TGA sequence. So, I knew one of the machines was not reading the videos correctly.

Solution: It turns out that EVERY MACHINE INVOLVED IN A MULTI MACHINE RENDER MUST ALL HAVE THE IDENTICAL CODECS. So, despite not having an AJA capture card on my 4 other machines, I still had to install the AJA Kona LH software to all machines so they had the AJA Codecs (the same would apply if you used a BLACK MAGIC CAPTURE CARD). I also had Perian installed on my main machine, so I needed to install it on all the others as well. Then you also need to make sure that all your machines have the latest updates. This all sounds very "no brainer" but you would be surprised how long it took to figure out. Basically to create a render farm using multiple machines...they all need to have identical software, plugins, and codecs installed

Bonus Thought: I would suggest using a GigaHub to network them. It transfers data way faster and is helpful when working in FULL HD renders.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.