Firefox tabbed browsing help

Reaction score
I'm wondering if someone can help me. I've done an extensive search and can't find the answer I'm looking for. I have an ibook G4 and with the older version of Firefox, to open a new link I could click and hold the link and a bunch of options would pop up (i.e. open tab in new window, open new tab, etc). With the updated version of Firefox, I can't do this. I have to hit apple, then click on the link, which might not see like a big deal, but it's just annoying. I want to be able to click and hold on a link to open a new tab, just like in the older version. I have installed the Tab Mix Plus add-on, tinkered with the preferences all to no avail. Can somebody help?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I'm still using FFox 2. Are you R-clicking the link? I know you're using an iBook - is there a R-click option? (I don't use laptops.)

Secondly, have you tried Scroll wheel-clicking the link? That opens it automatically in another Tab.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.