Build your own battery

P

PowerbookG417

not sure if many of you have run across this yet but i saw it on tech TV and im building one this week...ill let you know how it turns out...i just so happen to work at radioshack so i have access to all these parts for free...except a firewire port...

http://www.chrisdiclerico.com/mt/archives/001572.php#001572

that link should work .. i hope it does...

anyone have comments on this ????

OP
P

PowerbookG417

well...it works..and i have the proof

i built it myself tonight..now i just have to test it out...the orignal author claims it gets 10 extra hours of play time but will just have to see.

ive attached to process of what it took me to create this charger, i was able to pick up a 12 volt car charger from work for only 19$ i used that instead of finding a firewire port... which i couldnt find at all in the city

as you can see the ipod is charging and all is working fine.... anyone have any suggestion of what i can put this in...like case wise. I tried the velamints case but it was to small...im obviously going to paint it white

If i were to use rechargeable batteries does anyone know what i need to add to recharge this...or should i just tear apart a battery charger and add it into this unit ?

please post your suggestions
Thanks

DSCF0392.jpg

DSCF0394.jpg

DSCF0396.jpg

DSCF0397.jpg

DSCF0400.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.