HELP! G5 Quad + Dual Studio displays = HOW?

Reaction score
Hi. I recently bought a G5 2.5 Quad for a very good deal. I also purchased 2 17" studio displays for a very good deal. How do I set up the displays with my G5? The back of my G5 has 2 DVI (Female) ports and the displays have ADC (Male) Ports.

I know tha Apple sells hat DVI - ADC converter but for 100.00 x 2? that's pretty ridiculous. If I have any other alternatives can someone please let me know. I was wondering if I should purchase another video card with ADC port and put it in an empty slot and run one of the displays that way. Is that a good idea? Please, someone just help me out. I'm dying to setup this setup. Thanks.

how.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
Not such a good deal IMO. ADC is long gone as a standard and buying a video card is chasing the past. Spend the money wisely and buy an newer display that is DVI and search around for a used DVI - ADC connector or video but make the decision to move foreward with the displays. Any decision to make the ADC work will be money thrown away if and when the displays fail. They are many years old as a guess.

I would try and get your money back and move foreward.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.