Any advice for a POWERBOOK newB???

B

blondenluvnit

:confused: HEY PPL!!! I'm new to this forum and the general 'Mac World'. I started my first yr of Graphic Design in Sept.2004, therefore I bought myself a G4 15"Powerbook (combo drive 1.33Gz). I opted for a laptop...considering my mobile lifestyle...and don't regret a thing. I JUST NEED SOME GOOD ADVICE concerning programs...such as spam protection / security ect...or anything that could help my "Precious" run more efficiently...any suggestions would be appreciated!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.2Ghz, 2GB RAM20" iMac: 2.16 gHZ; 1GB RAM; 250 Gigz
blondenluvnit said:
:confused: HEY PPL!!! I'm new to this forum and the general 'Mac World'. I started my first yr of Graphic Design in Sept.2004, therefore I bought myself a G4 15"Powerbook (combo drive 1.33Gz). I opted for a laptop...considering my mobile lifestyle...and don't regret a thing. I JUST NEED SOME GOOD ADVICE concerning programs...such as spam protection / security ect...or anything that could help my "Precious" run more efficiently...any suggestions would be appreciated!!!

You're being a little ambiguous regarding your needs- if you expand a bit, I'm sure ppl. will be glad to help.
In terms of Spam filtering, I am very happy with the built in Mail.app filter. After you "teach" it for like two weeks, its very effective. I'm sure that some more tech-savvy ppl. will diagree, but thats my opinion.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.