Need help deciding wether to buy an iMac or PC!

Reaction score
Hey!
Im looking for a new computer and I cant decide between a iMac or PC. Ive talked to some people and ive got a majority saying to buy a Mac. but I wanted to make sure from people who know what they are taking about, so I came here. Could you please help me decide between the two?
Also ive heard that most software doesnt work on iMac, could you elaborate wot king od software doesnt work on an iMac
Thanks a lot.

Reaction score
What do you do for a living? You use any specific programs? Are you an avid gamer?

Those are the question you should be asking yourself ATM.

Mac's can run all the software you need, to non of them. It just depends what programs do you use.

In many cases you'll find a similar app that the one you had in windows, and many times it's even better, more stable, user friendly and so on.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hey!
Im looking for a new computer and I cant decide between a iMac or PC. Ive talked to some people and ive got a majority saying to buy a Mac. but I wanted to make sure from people who know what they are taking about, so I came here. Could you please help me decide between the two?
Also ive heard that most software doesnt work on iMac, could you elaborate wot king od software doesnt work on an iMac
Thanks a lot.

Software that isn't created specifically to run on Mac OS X, won't run on it. This includes viruses, spyware and other PC-specific maladies. With that said, there is quite a large collection of software written for OS X, so chances are you can find a Mac version of anything you need to run - including Microsoft Office.

Additionally, all new Macs come with the ability to run Windows. So, you sort-of get the best of both worlds. You can choose to start your Mac in Windows or OS X. So, you can run whatever software you want.

I think your main concern should be whether you are actually ready to make such a change, because Mac OS X is somewhat different than Windows. If you don't approach it with an open mind and a willingness to learn, you may find yourself disappointed. So, if you're ready to try something new, the Mac might be a good choice. If you're content with Windows, just stick with a PC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core 2 Duo 1.83 ghz
lol, u r definitely going to get some bias on this forum!! but IMO, if u want to get a laptop, get a windows one, because u will get much more for ur money. If u want a desktop, get a mac, but upgrade the RAM yourself, because Apple's prices r exorbitant. thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
Do you live anywhere near an Apple store? If so, visiting one would be well worth your time, and might answer a lot of your questions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
Yeah, it all depends on what you need out of your computer. No one can really tell you to go one way or the other, since it is really a personal decision. Obviously most people on here are going to tell you to go Mac because we are, for the most part, Mac users ourselves. Before you spend a lot of money one way or the other, sit down and think about what you use your computer for, then compare that to the features that each platform offers. If one satisfies more of your needs then the other, than that is the way to go.2q`

So do some research and make an informed decision for yourself. Good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.