I Just Ordered it...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD Drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M+9600M GT
The new 15.4" Macbook Pro.. and here are the specs.. :D

2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB 1066Mz DDR3 SDRM-2x2GB
128GB Solid State Drive
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M + 9600M GT with 512MB
SuperDrive 8X DL
Mini DisplayPort - DVI Adapter
Apple Remote
KYBD/User's Guide -B
Country Kit-GBR

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I got mine yesterday.... LOVE IT! Compared to my 6 year-old PowerBook, the build quality alone is much higher.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Nice! My Macbook won't arrive until November 7th.... :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
Congrats, just wait to you get it, its amazing :)

OP
bad.heron
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD Drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M+9600M GT
I wasn't planning on going for the SSD drive but when it came to ordering I decided to go all out. Plus I got paid this month so I had the money in my bank ;)

OP
bad.heron
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I wasn't planning on going for the SSD drive but when it came to ordering I decided to go all out. Plus I got paid this month so I had the money in my bank ;)

I would have waited on the SSD. >_<" Samsung is mass producing their 256 GB SSD at the end of this year.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
I had the SSD drive on my Air, it was nice but not a hugh change in anything :)

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I had the SSD drive on my Air, it was nice but not a hugh change in anything :)

Longer battery life and no moving parts is not a huge change?

OP
bad.heron
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I had both a ssd and a HHD airs, There was no difference in battery length at all, I tested the units when they first can out.
Its is not longer.

Swindled: Solid State Drives Don't Extend Battery Life, They Shorten It - Gizmodo Australia

It's this line that says it all..

Toms Hardware said:
"First of all, we want to take this opportunity and apologize to our readers, for we made a procedural mistake when we compared battery runtime of various Flash SSDs"

Anyway, my choice to go with SSD was due to performance results more then anything.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I had both a ssd and a HHD airs, There was no difference in battery length at all, I tested the units when they first can out.
Its is not longer.

Swindled: Solid State Drives Don't Extend Battery Life, They Shorten It - Gizmodo Australia

I'm not going to argue over this anymore, but that article was still based on the the first test that Tom's Hardware did.

The link that I posted was their revised test. Did you even read the link that I posted?

The OCZ SSD based on Samsungs SSD is more energy efficacy than the HDD that are out now. Plus it blows away HDD in seeking, reading and whatever else.

OP
bad.heron
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm not going to argue over this anymore, but that article was still based on the the first test that Tom's Hardware did.

The link that I posted was their revised test. Did you even read the link that I posted?

The OCZ SSD based on Samsungs SSD is more energy efficacy than the HDD that are out now. Plus it blows away HDD in seeking, reading and whatever else.

Brilliant post and thanks for the link.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nothing to argue about I tested it not going to be any longer!
Any way bad.heron I am happy you bought yourself a Birthday Gift.... enjoy it!

SSD hard drives tank laptop battery life - Hack a Day

So you are telling me that you went out and bought every single SSD that was made and tested them yourself?

Again this article is still based off the first test and not the 2nd test where they apologized to everyone about their mistake, where they redid the test more accurately.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Alumibook 2.4, 4GB | 1TB Time Capsule | 30GB Video iPod
The mac store had 3 airs out on display, the signs said all of them were the 1.6 with the 80GB. They guy said figure out which one wasn't the 1.6 and was actually the 1.8 with the 64GB SSD. I rebooted all 3 simultaneously (with the help of a friend) the SSD was easily noticed as it booted ridiculously fast.

I want one, but won't have one for prolly 5 more years until they are larger and reasonably priced.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
So you are telling me that you went out and bought every single SSD that was made and tested them yourself?

Again this article is still based off the first test and not the 2nd test where they apologized to everyone about their mistake, where they redid the test more accurately.
no silly, had 2 airs one 64SSD and the 80HHD...LOL I did this because I had 2 and was the first to be shipped :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
The mac store had 3 airs out on display, the signs said all of them were the 1.6 with the 80GB. They guy said figure out which one wasn't the 1.6 and was actually the 1.8 with the 64GB SSD. I rebooted all 3 simultaneously (with the help of a friend) the SSD was easily noticed as it booted ridiculously fast.

I want one, but won't have one for prolly 5 more years until they are larger and reasonably priced.
It boots faster but is that worth the extra cash??????

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.