mp3 tagging: two questions

Reaction score
So I bought my first Mac a week ago. I added some music to my computer, synced it to iTunes and found it had all been moved around on my hard drive!

The problem is obviously that it hadn`t all been tagged properly, but I also have quite a few compilation albums, and don`t really want iTunes breaking them up by artist.

I need to re-tag a lot of my mp3s, then. But now that iTunes has re-ordered them all, what`s the best way for me to put them back in their original folders so that I`m able to re-tag them properly?

Here`s my second question:

What mp3 tag editor would you recommend? I used mp3tag for Windows and it was perfect for my needs: you open a folder and re-tag things like album title and artist in batches - without the program trying to be too clever and doing something you don`t want done.

I know there are plenty of existing threads on this topic, but the ones I`ve seen quickly get full of technical speak I don`t understand. Please use simple language and take into account that I know almost nothing about Macs!

Ridge

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
The answer to both questions is an App called "Media Rage". Not free but worth the $$$$. It will do everything you are asking.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0ghz Core Duo 1 Gig Ram 80Gig HD, iMac 2.4ghz Core 2 Duo 1gig RAM 320gig HD
also depending on how much music you are talking about iTunes can be pretty effective.

You can sort by albums so that your compilations are together and then select a total compilation. Get info and change the album artist. Then it will keep the track names of the songs but should keep the album organized by the album artist.

I am still working out all the mp3 tagging stuff so I am not sure about any apps that could take care of it though

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.