Screen dims when clicking scroll wheel

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I just bought the new aluminum Macbook and I'm having a weird issue.

I am using a logitech wireless USB mouse. I have installed no software with this. Just plugged them in and started using it. The scroll wheel on this mouse can be clicked to the left and right. Whenever I click the wheel to either direction, it dims the screen on my Mac by 2 notches.

How do I disable this?

I have contacted Apple Care, and they have no resolution for me. I'm assuming there's Mouse Keybinding settings somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it.

Any help would be awesome. Thanks

Cameron

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD Drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M+9600M GT
Hey everyone. I just bought the new aluminum Macbook and I'm having a weird issue.

I am using a logitech wireless USB mouse. I have installed no software with this. Just plugged them in and started using it. The scroll wheel on this mouse can be clicked to the left and right. Whenever I click the wheel to either direction, it dims the screen on my Mac by 2 notches.

How do I disable this?

I have contacted Apple Care, and they have no resolution for me. I'm assuming there's Mouse Keybinding settings somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it.

Any help would be awesome. Thanks

Cameron

It might be worth seeing if you can get some software for your mouse as that normally offers some configurations changes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Mod's note: Threads merged.

Please don't cross post and read the forum rules before starting any more threads.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Download the logitech control utility or a 3rd party mouse configuration utility (steermouse / USBOverdriveX) and reassign the tilt-functions to something else.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.