Early 2008 Macbook Pro bumps on lid?

Reaction score
I just purchased a new (old) 2.5ghs, 250gb macbook pro (previous generation) and noticed that at certain angles there are these weird protrusions on the top of the lid. It looks like you can see the mounts that the lcd connects into. It's as if there was too much pressure on the lid in shipping, and now these raised indendations seem to be permanent. It's not a big enough deal to risk getting the lcd/lid replaced and possibly getting a dead pixel on the new screen, but do any of you other owners see any bumps or indentations on the top of your lid? It's hard to describe, but basically there's a 3-4 square raised spots on the metal lid that look to be parallel on the top and bottom. Since there aren't stores that still have the old macbook pros on display, I can't really verify if this is common.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD Drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M+9600M GT
I just purchased a new (old) 2.5ghs, 250gb macbook pro (previous generation) and noticed that at certain angles there are these weird protrusions on the top of the lid. It looks like you can see the mounts that the lcd connects into. It's as if there was too much pressure on the lid in shipping, and now these raised indendations seem to be permanent. It's not a big enough deal to risk getting the lcd/lid replaced and possibly getting a dead pixel on the new screen, but do any of you other owners see any bumps or indentations on the top of your lid? It's hard to describe, but basically there's a 3-4 square raised spots on the metal lid that look to be parallel on the top and bottom. Since there aren't stores that still have the old macbook pros on display, I can't really verify if this is common.

Where did you purchase the macbook from?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.