Date wrong in menu bar, but right in preferences ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
I don't understand how this can be, or what happened. I went to check the date by clicking on the time, and it's telling me that it's Oct 5th, but in preferences, it's just fine.. ?

Picture 1.png

Picture 2.png

OP
Doug b
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
OP
Doug b
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I"m still having this issue, only now it says it's Tuesday (right day) the 5th. I'd really appreciate some help w/this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Try turning off the clock in the menu bar, then re-enable it.

Also check your "long" and "short" date & time formatting settings to make sure you haven't overwritten the day variable with a fixed "5".

OP
Doug b
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Try turning off the clock in the menu bar, then re-enable it.

Also check your "long" and "short" date & time formatting settings to make sure you haven't overwritten the day variable with a fixed "5".

I restarted it, nothing. Looking at the format now, and I mucked it all up but good. So I deleted all the formatting in order to start over. But looking at the elements, the day is always on 5 and I'm not sure of what to do with that. All I know is that I have to enter in the date formats again.

Doug

Picture 2.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Mine says 5 as well, I think that's just the placeholder...

Try dragging the elements back in and see what happens. Those blue elements should change dynamically.. it's only if you had made the 5 static by trying to edit it that the menu bar would get mucked up.

It's fairly easy to mess that up actually: just clicking the placeholder will break things.

Also check the "short", "medium" and "full" formatting.

OP
Doug b
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mine says 5 as well, I think that's just the placeholder...

Try dragging the elements back in and see what happens. Those blue elements should change dynamically.. it's only if you had made the 5 static by trying to edit it that the menu bar would get mucked up.

It's fairly easy to mess that up actually: just clicking the placeholder will break things.

Also check the "short", "medium" and "full" formatting.

Is there any way to reset these things to a default setting ? I deleted each and every one of them. short, medium, long etc..

Edit: Looks like I fixed it, simply by choosing the "American" default setting again. And the date is cool now, too. Thanks fer the help.

Doug

Doug

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.