Microsoft Messenger and Imac..

Reaction score
Hey there.

Before you guess, I'm new to the Mactrain! Anyway, I've got my new Imac all set up nicely and I downloaded Microsoft Messenger 7 for Mac, and am connected via a wireless network. Messenger has installed however it wont sign in saying I may not be connected to the internet.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (Black) 2.4 GHz, 4GB Ram
Lol, typical msn for mac.. I had the same problem all the time. Just keep trying and it will eventually connect.

I would start looking for alternate msn programs if I were you tho cause the msn for mac sucks. :(

Google; aMSN, Adium or maybe Mercury Messenger.. aMSN and Mercury do a good job on emulating the whole msn messenger experience with winks, nudges, video, personal messages, etc.. but can get a bit choppy at times. Adium is way more responsive and smooth than the other two but it lacks alot of msn messenger's features.

Give them a try tho lol cause in the end they are all better than the msn for mac one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.