Uninstalling programs

Reaction score
Okay,i will probably repeat an older question but i just want to make sure.How do i completely uninstall a program?

I found an older thread on this forum witch states:"To unninstall programs, find the program directory that you want to uninstall, click on it, hold down your mouse button and drag it to the trash icon on your dock.. drop it into the trash, empty the trash. Or you can control click on the folder and select "Move to Trash" " but im not sure what it means by "program directory" is that the "applications" folder?

As you probably noticed by now im new to this operating system so please bear with me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch
Yes the programs folder would be Applications. This certainly is an easy way to delete an app, but you may find the app has created pref files and the like. To completely remove all files associated with the app you want to delete check out AppZapper. You can download a free trial and it's only $12.95 to buy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
Or you can use AppDelete as well, and it is free.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch
Noticed this on the AppDelete homepage...

"AppDelete will now require a small payment after a few uses. This was a difficult decision to make, but with all the time and effort that was put into it and COMPLETE DEDICATION AND SUPPORT going forward I hope you can understand why I did this."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
Noticed this on the AppDelete homepage...

"AppDelete will now require a small payment after a few uses. This was a difficult decision to make, but with all the time and effort that was put into it and COMPLETE DEDICATION AND SUPPORT going forward I hope you can understand why I did this."

Huh, glad I got it while it was still free! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD Drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M+9600M GT
AppDelete 2.0.2 is the free version and you can find that to download off a third party website by searching on Google.

Reaction score
Ive used appdelete for awhile. I found a better freeware one called appcleaner

AppCleaner 1.2.2 - MacUpdate

appdelete simply uninstalls pretty well but appcleaner is nicer looking and prompts you before it deletes the files/folders which is a nicer feature in my eyes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.