Email Issues - PLEASE HELP!

Reaction score
So i recently loaded windows on my macbook via bootcamp. Everything is running Great and i love it! But i ran into my first issue right now...

I have both my entourage and outlook popped to my gmail account. I noticed though that i will only receive a message in my inbox depending on what Operating System im logged on to? For example a buddy of mine sent me an email and i received it on my outlook (because i was logged in on windows at the time), later i logged on to my OS X account and i noticed that i didnt have the message in my entourage?

I had my buddy resend me the email and then i received it on entourage but i went back to windows and notice that his 2nd email wasnt in my outlook inbox?

I know all my settings are correct because i am receiving and able to send out mail, but like i said its really dependent on what OS im on?

Any ideas on why this is happening? How can i get them to both sync correctly. I have to be able to get emails on both OS reliably while still having a copy of them in the other operating system?

Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks.

:Angry: :Angry:

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
That is a google issue with POP email. Every system I have does the same thing. I get it on one computer then all the others will not see that message. If you use IMAP instead of POP it will work. I have talked to many friends who have had the same experience. It like I said is something with Google's using POP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.