i'm getting frustrated!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" 2.26 GHz MBP, 2GB RAM, 640GB HD
Hi guys,

I have a windows xp p4 desktop which for some reason has problems linking the net. i'm using internet cable and under "network connections", it either says limited connectivity or it is connected but i cannot connect to the web. When i hook the cable up to my trusty old ibook, :headphone , the net works without a hitch. So this essentially tells me that it's my pc rather than my internet cable. any advice?

p.s.

This has really helped me decide to get use mac instead of pc from now on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
Start >> Run:
type: command

ipconfig /renew

E

Echo_

its not a problem with your pc. the problem is that when you switch the cable around to other pcs it doesnt recognize the internet or something (this happened to me because i was switching internet from 1 comp to another) and what macaddikt said should work

H

HuMpS 97 DoHc

its just a thing with service pack 2. if it doesn't affect your abilities to surf or anything then you can turn off the setting so you won't see that warning in the properties of your lan connection.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" 2.26 GHz MBP, 2GB RAM, 640GB HD
Still Frustrated!!!

:mad: :mad:
Okay, I followed the "ipconfig/renew" command and it had slight success but it looks i'm back to square one. My setup is a Dlink 524 router to use the wireless internet on my ibook. i still can't get it to work. why does it have to be so complicated!! is there anything that i need to do differently?

Reaction score
Computer.Geek said:
:mad: :mad:
Okay, I followed the "ipconfig/renew" command and it had slight success but it looks i'm back to square one. My setup is a Dlink 524 router to use the wireless internet on my ibook. i still can't get it to work. why does it have to be so complicated!! is there anything that i need to do differently?

Whats wrong exactly? Does your iBook see the wireless network? Does your iBook get an IP address?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4, ipod nano, ipod video and a whole lotta love
try plugging it into the pc, and resetting the modem

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.