How Long Will a Fully Charged Battery Hold Its Charge?

Reaction score
I have a spare battery for my White, 2.4 ghz MacBook. It's from another macbook in which the logic board burned out, so i can use the parts. If i charge this battery fully and keep it in my laptop bag, how long does it hold that charge? Thanks for any responses.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
my MB 1.83 white, used to hold 4.25hrs on full charge, 2 years later, close to 500 recharge cycles, i barely get 45mins. lol

but time for a new battery!

OP
Christopher
Reaction score
No, I'm saying, if you don't use it... just charge it fully and then store it for a time when you're not near a power source or something... when you install your backup that you had fully charged... how long until the power is dissipated just from sitting there? thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive
No, I'm saying, if you don't use it... just charge it fully and then store it for a time when you're not near a power source or something... when you install your backup that you had fully charged... how long until the power is dissipated just from sitting there? thank you.

If it's not for a prolonged period of time it should hold it's charge for awhile. Based on this link:

Apple - Support - MacBook - Care and Handling

When storing your computer for longer than five months, discharge the battery to approximately 50 percent and then remove it from the MacBook. If you are storing your computer for an extended period, recharge your battery to 50 percent every six months or so.

So I say if you are going to be carrying it with you only to use in an emergency, you should be good for about 5-6 months. I'd recharge it maybe once a month if you haven't used it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.