Viewing Email problem?

Reaction score
Only had my Mac for a few weeks, still figuring a few things out...

When I first set up my email (v3.3), it would display the received messages in the top portion of the window, and the bottom half of the window would display which ever email message I had highlighted/single clicked on.

The other day I received a an update from Apple, and after I restarted my Mac, the email display had changed. It only shows my received messages in the window. No preview on the bottom half anymore.

I checked my settings, they are still on default.

How do I change my viewing display back to the way that it originally was? I want to have the preview in the bottom half of the window again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
At the very bottom of the message pane, look for a narrow gray bar with a small dot in the middle. Double click it.

OP
B
Reaction score
At the very bottom of the message pane, look for a narrow gray bar with a small dot in the middle. Double click it.

Thank you very much.

I feel like such an idiot.

I totally did not see that "dot".

Thank you again!!!

Reaction score
After you do that, how do you make the bar come back again? I tried this (didn't see the dot either), but like it the other way better. Thanks!

Reaction score
Never mind, found the small dot down at the bottom and dragged it back up again. Apple should have a feature that shows you what these things do when you hover over it - or buy me some awesome glasses!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.