photo problem for OS 9.1

Reaction score
hI I am new here butI am hoping that coming to you guys I can get it solved me and a friend are trying solve this problem he want to send me pictures over the email but he cant make it work I cant figure out why and neither can he so now i am trying to figure out what to do

So how do you send pictures from OS 9.1????

Is this problem fixable??? can he send pics without upgrading he is a devoted 9.1 user??? (while i use 10.1)

thanks
doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
yea, is he using outlook? he makes a new email, and attaches pics. mail can recieve imaged emails from outlook and outlook express.

OP
redneckmac
Reaction score
well he trys to take a Jpeg and put it on the email document but his whole computer freezes up at this point he cant even get to show up on the email document before the computer freezes he can get them on the computer he can forward picture but he cant take them from his personal computer and put them in an email and mail them to anybody he would rather not up grade if possible and really just want to send pics

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
What eMail program is he using?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
and how much ram does he have? and how much is allocated to his mail app? in os 9, you have to manually adjust how much memory an apop is allowed to use. maybe its set too low.

W

Wapa18

why doesn't your friend upgrade to 9.2.2? it's not that different from 9.1, and it's free on apple's website. see if that helps the problem at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Macman said:
and how much ram does he have? and how much is allocated to his mail app? in os 9, you have to manually adjust how much memory an apop is allowed to use. maybe its set too low.

That's what I'm thinking as well.

To do this, quit the mail program and find its icon in the Finder (It's probably buried in the Applications folder of the hard disk.) Click it once select Get Info from the File menu

Select Memory from the popup menu in the Get Info window. You will see two boxes with numbers in them.

In the "Preferred" box, increase the number; try adding about 4000K to the number that's already there. You can add even more, but be careful not to go over the amount of free memory listed in the About This Computer window (in the Apple menu.)

OP
redneckmac
Reaction score
he plans to to get tiger when it comes he is using yahoo for email and im and Internet exploer which i told is crap but anyway that is what he using but no i have a new question other then adobe do you know of anything that he get off the internet for 9.1 for picture editing he would rather download he is going to by tiger when it comes out in a few months

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.