How to setup a Wireless Bridge/Access point

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD
Hi Guys, Me again (Sorry!!)

I have given up trying to get my mac pro wireless with a usb adaptor so I am now going down the route of setting up a wireless bridge or access point.

I have a netgear WGR614 in the front room which is connected to the modem. It has WPA encryption and my mac book connects to this fine.

I have a Buffalo wireless g router in my bedroom and I wondered if it is possible to set this as an access point and have a rj45 cable going into my mac pro, thus giving me an internet connection?

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini
Does your mac pro not pick up the other wireless signal from the front room? You must have a really big house.

OP
joe.morgan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD
My mac Pro isn't wireless enabled. I have tried USB adaptors to try and make it wireless but I have failed with 3 adaptors, so now I am trying a different route.

Reaction score
Me too.

Trying to do the same thing with my Belkin router. Any help would be much apprecited! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.