ibook issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 1.25ghz 15' 2gb ram 10.5.6 leopard :]
so i just finished assembling my ibook after a long minute and got it running good (new hd install) but then when i plugged my ac adapter up and plugged my ibook in. i noticed a smell coming from the dc converter area....and i immediately unplugged it and my ibook wouldn't power up. i checked the battery (which was fully charged) and it wouldn't light up then i plugged the power back up and kinda shimmied the battery a bit and it powered up but that burning smell came back and i unplugged again and it shut bak off again...
i went and checked all teh cables and everything was good
what could be wrong? dont want to toss it means alot :]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
so i just finished assembling my ibook after a long minute and got it running good (new hd install) but then when i plugged my ac adapter up and plugged my ibook in. i noticed a smell coming from the dc converter area....and i immediately unplugged it and my ibook wouldn't power up. i checked the battery (which was fully charged) and it wouldn't light up then i plugged the power back up and kinda shimmied the battery a bit and it powered up but that burning smell came back and i unplugged again and it shut bak off again...
i went and checked all teh cables and everything was good
what could be wrong? dont want to toss it means alot :]

Does the burning smell come from your laptop as well? How old is the ac adapter? The adapter might be on its way out (hopefully). Does the iBook boot up with battery power?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.