powerbook 15" heat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook
I was wondering if the 15" powerbook gets hot in the same place as the 12" ibook does? i'm gonna sell my 12" ibook and get a powerbook and was wondering if it also gets hot on the left side of the mouse pad and underneath when it's on your lap?

K

ktparker

Isn't it like that for all laptops, even PCs? I mean, my Dell Inspiron 600m gets pretty hot too, and in the same places as you mentioned. I'm not an expert or anything, but I'm guessing it's hard to get around that when you're making something so thin. Does that make sense? (Sorry, I have no experience with Macs to relate your problem to as I am still waiting to get my PB.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
15" Powerbook- warm left side of mouse, warm underneith when on you lap, hot near hinge on top(not all the time, just after extended use), but never hot left side and most of the time neveer hot on the bottom, just warm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" PB 1.5, 512 ram, superdrive, one sexy computer!
yeah it gets hottest when its recharging and using intensive stuff. and I don't think it gets very warm on top, just the hinge like you mentioned, but you aren't touching that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
terpfan said:
yeah it gets hottest when its recharging and using intensive stuff. and I don't think it gets very warm on top, just the hinge like you mentioned, but you aren't touching that.

yeah, i agree, you arn't touching the top by the hinge so you really don't have to worry about it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.