1)
_MG_5372-2.jpg

2)
_MG_5163.jpg

3)
_MG_4798-1.jpg

Reaction score
My favorite would be #3.

With that, I think that both 1 and 3 need a little bit of highlight control. Most of the steps in #3 are completely blown out, and the center of the building in #1 is also blown out.

I'm assuming that #2 was a long exposure shot. Your depth of field is quite large. I just think that maybe a bit more sharpening to bring out the details. But it's looking nice. May I ask what time that was taken? That spot looks to be perfect for night time long exposures. Like when the sun is setting/set.

The first macro shot is pretty nice. You've controlled the light very well, and everything in the image works.

The second still life shot is very eye-catching as well. I love the curl and color saturation in that one. The black background also works really well on that.

The fire pit/grill-looking, last image, is pretty nice too. Although, it's a bit different than the rest, it's a bit more vibrant abstract :)

OP
soul.glo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - Penryn 2.4ghz
My favorite would be #3.

With that, I think that both 1 and 3 need a little bit of highlight control. Most of the steps in #3 are completely blown out, and the center of the building in #1 is also blown out.

I'm assuming that #2 was a long exposure shot. Your depth of field is quite large. I just think that maybe a bit more sharpening to bring out the details. But it's looking nice. May I ask what time that was taken? That spot looks to be perfect for night time long exposures. Like when the sun is setting/set.

The first macro shot is pretty nice. You've controlled the light very well, and everything in the image works.

The second still life shot is very eye-catching as well. I love the curl and color saturation in that one. The black background also works really well on that.

The fire pit/grill-looking, last image, is pretty nice too. Although, it's a bit different than the rest, it's a bit more vibrant abstract :)

Thanks for the comments and critique, it's always appreciated. I know what you're saying about 1 and 3 being blown out, but when I take down the highlights it doesn't have the right look in my opinion. It would be nice if I could dim the highlights in specific areas and not the whole photo, but LR doesn't allow me to do that. Probably need PS for that, but I've yet to get into that. #2 was shot around 6 a.m. I think next time I'll try it around sunset and see how that comes out. Glad you appreciate the macro shots, those are always my fav to shoot. Thanks again for the suggestions as I'm always looking to improve.

Aloha!
J.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
1 & 3 Building pictures look washed out. >_<"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.6Ghz | 200GB 7200 | 4GB Ram | 32GB iPod Touch 2G
Yup, lightroom is good for RAW develoment, but be sure to start learning Photoshop aswell, so much more control and an epic amount of further adjustments available.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
My favorites are 2 and 3 from the 100mm macro. I really like the use of both light and color in these shots. Very nice work overall though.

Nice to see you back! Was wondering what happened to you. :)

OP
soul.glo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - Penryn 2.4ghz
My favorites are 2 and 3 from the 100mm macro. I really like the use of both light and color in these shots. Very nice work overall though.

Nice to see you back! Was wondering what happened to you. :)

Thanks! Been working too much :( Always find time to shoot, but rarely find time to post.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
Great Pics, how much do those lens's run?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
I really like #2. It leads the eye through the photo down to those distant lights, which I presume is a city?

I agree with AConfire... the 3rd seems a bit overexposed. Well, the stairs are at least. HDR could have done justice.

OP
soul.glo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - Penryn 2.4ghz
Thanks guys! Haven't tried any HDR yet, but maybe soon. Always appreciate the suggestions and critique.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro - 2.8 - 4 gigs - lots of programs - lots of media
Those look good.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.