Apple Pro Mouse

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
Alright, I figured I would give my Apple Pro Mouse a spin. It works quite nicely, and I like the feel of it.

Man when I opened the box when I first got my iMac, I was like "What is this?!?!?". With this I went out and bought a Logitech Optical ( I buy ONLY Logitech mice ). So I've been spoiled with right clicking and scoll wheels. I started learning all the keyboard shortcuts, because I have been using my iBook a lot, so I figured, I could hack it.

I think I like it better :) The only thing that will take me a while to get used to, is not having a scroll wheel. Anybody have any tips/tricks for scrolling with this mouse? Are there any apps out there that have some sorta catch so that I can scroll with it somehow?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
I have a Logitech mouse also, it's the one with the big red ball.

Anyways, I didn't really like the Apple Pro Mouse either, but now I'm using it, I'm learning the shortcuts plus if I want to right-click holding down the Ctrl button isn't that hard.

The scrolling thing is different and one way of doing it is to move the mouse over the the side of the window and manually scrolling down :p

sKaD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
I have Kensington, I went to it after around 2 years with apple pro.. I still use the short cut keyboard buttons :) though im slowly getting usta having those other buttons (which are nice for games) (ive had the mouse for about 2months)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Yeah Kensington here also.. and love all the buttons :) Now what are the benefits to the Apple Pro Mouse? It just looks like a one button mouse.. if Im thinking of the right one..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Murlyn said:
Now what are the benefits to the Apple Pro Mouse? It just looks like a one button mouse.. if Im thinking of the right one..

The only real "benefit" can be summed-up by the text printed on the bottom: Designed by Apple in California

OP
Emrys
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
It just looks slick too :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Emrys said:
It just looks slick too :)

Hence the "Designed by Apple..." :D ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
*laugh* ahh ok I see.. well Ill keep that in mind :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
yah, the Apple Pro mouse looks sweet, the clear mouse/button with the white inside and the gray apple logo, looks so sweet and so nice next to the clear keyboard :)

sKaD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.