JPEG picture editor (with text)

kit

Reaction score
Hey,
Since I upgraded to OS X I haven't been able to find a good picture editor. On my old mac I used PhotoStudio, but I'm not talking about editing photos. I like to make cases for my DVD-R's. I put JPEG's together with text. Does anyone know a good program for doing this?
I need to be able to open a canvas that's the right size (10 1/4" by 7 1/2" i think), open/paste JPEG's, rotate images, make images transparent to use as backgrounds and overlay text. Everything I find is designed for photo editing. I looked at GIMP but it seemed overly complicated. I guess I'll try it again, but if anybody has any other suggestions I'd appreciate it.
And of course the cheaper (i.e. free-er) it is, the better.
- kit.

OP
K

kit

Reaction score
ok
i'm trying GIMP, and I think it can definitely do what I want. However, I can't figure out how to change the font or the size of the text.
Any help? (The online help manual isn't too helpful--that's why I wasn't eager to try GIMP in the first place).
thanks
-kit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
11" MacBook Air / Unibody MacBook / iMac i3 21.5" / iPhone SE
OK, in the Toolbox in the left window, click on the 'T' icon to select text tool.
At the bottom of the Toolbox all the options will appear; there you can easily select a font / size / colour.
I've just tried it myself so if you're having difficulty there may be another problem somewhere.

Hope this helps :) - please let us know

Hugh

tob

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x MacMINIs, 1 MBPro - 17-inch
Hey,

As an alternative (inexpensive but not free) take a look at PIXELMATOR.

tob

OP
K

kit

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I had no idea the toolbox was that big! Mine was sitting at the bottom of the screen and I didn't realize there were all those options under the tool selection part of the window.
-kit.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.