Printing InDesign pages with ALL guides

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz Aluminium MacBook
Hi all,

Does anyone know how to print out a page in InDesign with not only the column guides but also the outline of the page and the bleed marks?

Cheers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G5, Dual2.7 GHz, 8gb Ram
Guides in all adobe apps are just that..guides. They aren't meant to be printed.
You can print registration, crop and bleed marks from the print dialog under "marks and bleed" of all things.
You'll have to manually create your column guides and page outlines if you want them to print

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 Intel Core Duo Mac Mini; 4g RAM; 350g HD, OS 10.6.3
sure you can.

in indesign cs3, in the bottom half of the print dialogue box there are three tabs: 1. Print non-printing objects, 2. Print blank pages and 3. Print visible guides and baseline grid. just make sure #3 is checked and your guides are "visible" (not hidden, cmd+colon) and you'll be fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G5, Dual2.7 GHz, 8gb Ram
sure you can.

in indesign cs3, in the bottom half of the print dialogue box there are three tabs: 1. Print non-printing objects, 2. Print blank pages and 3. Print visible guides and baseline grid. just make sure #3 is checked and your guides are "visible" (not hidden, cmd+colon) and you'll be fine.

Oops! you're right. I'm kinda new to Indesign myself. Sorry for the mis-information. :(

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz Aluminium MacBook
I worked it out shortly after posting but thanks a lot for replying. I'm sure this will be useful to others.

Any tips or tricks for indesign? I'm just starting to design a short book layout that will be rich in images with some accompanying text.

Reaction score
I worked it out shortly after posting but thanks a lot for replying. I'm sure this will be useful to others.

Any tips or tricks for indesign? I'm just starting to design a short book layout that will be rich in images with some accompanying text.

The InDesigner

This guy has also some nice podcast that you can find via iTunes.

Reaction score
Thank you!!

OH MY! Thank you -- I have been working in Indesign since Aldus Pagemaker but I never noticed that check mark box on the dialog box (probably because I never need those items printed). I had a customer file come in and it kept printing the die lines.. thank you for answering the question of "WHY" ==

sure you can.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.