lost my download stack thingy on my dock

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2 blackbook /w tiger.
hi everyone, i just picked up a new MBP 2.53ghz

so i was downloading stuff and i somehow lost the lil icon on my dock at the right.

its the "download folder" and when you press on it, it shows all u have downloaded... i think they call it the "download folder stack"

how do i get it back?

i apoligize for this really stupid question, i searched on apple.com but i didnt really get any thing useful.:(

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Trash the com.apple.dock.plist, which is located in the Users -> username -> Library ->Preferences. Note your dock will be reset to the default.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Or just go to your home folder and drag the "Downloads" folder into the right hand side of your dock. Then right-click (ctrl-click) it to set your preferred folder view: Stack or folder.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2 blackbook /w tiger.
^omg........thank you........ im seriously retarded.......thx for the simple help again guys!

Reaction score
lost downloads from dock

Don't feel bad, I have the same problem, but don't know what is meant by going to the home folder to find it. Please help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Don't feel bad, I have the same problem, but don't know what is meant by going to the home folder to find it. Please help!
Click on the smiley finder icon in the dock (the one all the way over on the left).

Then a new window should open... the folder with a house icon is your "home" folder where all your user files & settings live.

Reaction score
Same issue

Thanks so much for the user friendly instructions! :)
I just gt a Notebook last week and keep doing stupid things - I found this forum today - shall visit often I'm sure.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.