• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I'd greatly appreciate some help here

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Umm is the HDD connected to the CD ROM drive somehow? I don't see how they are related.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Why would a new hard drive make the CD rom drive eject? I don't think that guys friend is very smart.

OP
xj6jaguar1985
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
Oh yeah that's right...The CD drive should still work regardless of the hard drive...That thing is probably really beaten up then huh haha

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
Wow, I was really confused when I read the first post. But yeah, it might be a tad ruffed up. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac 1.42 GHz, 512 MB RAM, 40 GB HDD, OS X 10.4
I find this amusing:
v4mb8k.png

But I suppose its a valid question if you don't know a whole lot about computers. :)

OP
xj6jaguar1985
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hahahaha I laughed at that too...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
xj6 for 'as is' read the unit is stuffed and covers the seller from any agro after the buyer realises it is just junk.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Either the CD/DVD drive is shot of just jammed. You can get a new drive and install it but those drives are $100+ everywhere I have looked. Also is the seller being truthful about the rest of the macbook?

Edit: I just looked at his auction. That thing is BEAT UP All the plastic on the edge is missing, cracks in the plastic by the keyboard. Is that screen cracked or is that the desktop? I would stay away from that if I were you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
I have looked online and I think that you can replace them for about 100$, Give or take $20. There are many,many tutorials online on how to access that dang disc drive, Many people simply upgrade or just have to replace them after a while. I did!

OP
xj6jaguar1985
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
xj6 for 'as is' read the unit is stuffed and covers the seller from any agro after the buyer realises it is just junk.

THANK YOU!!! I was thinking that!!! The guy is probably 17 and is like..."Oh I still have this? Let me get rid of it on eBay...."

Either the CD/DVD drive is shot of just jammed. You can get a new drive and install it but those drives are $100+ everywhere I have looked. Also is the seller being truthful about the rest of the macbook?

Edit: I just looked at his auction. That thing is BEAT UP All the plastic on the edge is missing, cracks in the plastic by the keyboard. Is that screen cracked or is that the desktop? I would stay away from that if I were you.

Thanks Travis and I am...especially for the price...Over $400 now...Crazy....And I just sold this for $550. I wouldn't mind replacing a Hard Drive and CD Drive...if it sold for like $250..But man, that much? That thing is definitely just parts, plain parts hahaha...Some poor sap is gonna buy it and get royally screwed.
I'm sureeeee he has a "Buddy who works on macs." If it was just the Hard Drive, wouldn't you replace it? It's only $80-ish..
I bet the logic board is fried

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.