Help with Time Machine

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I need help with Time Machine, my macbook had a start up problem and the I had to reinstall Leopard. As I do not have the disk, a friend did it for me. Now the computer is working and I need to get everything back from Time Machine which is saved on Time Capsule

I seem to understand that there is an option to due it with Leopard disk but from what I understood is too late now. How to I get all the stuff back now?

Sorry but as you can tell I am a newbie..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
You can restore everything from the Time Machine backup without having to reinstall your OS. Boot from the Leopard install disk and there is an option to restore from a Time Machine backup. I don't remember exactly where it is located, but it is in the menu bar at the top of the screen. You will be able to select a date from from which to restore. Unfortunately you will have to either find your disk or borrow one to perform the restoration.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.