Camera App (icon) is missing

Reaction score
Where did it go? Didn't think you could erase the default apps from the phone but its not there. I've moved around some icons recently but it shouldn't have disappeared completely. Any ideas/thoughts? TIA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
did you accidentally move it to another page?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
You can always restore the phone and see if that brings it back.

OP
W
Reaction score
found the issue thanks to another forum. it was in settings>restrictions.

Reaction score

I tried to simulate the ** the camera app icon disappears
- I tried to configure the Microsoft Exchange account, on successful configuration the camera app icon disappears. After deleting the account again it appeared on my iphone home screen.

I dont know why there is conflict with a Microsoft Exchange account and a camera app. and settings0>restrictions do not work in this case.

I tried to simulate the ** the camera app icon disappears
- I tried to configure the Microsoft Exchange account, on successful configuration the camera app icon disappears. After deleting the account again it appeared on my iphone home screen.

I dont know why there is conflict with a Microsoft Exchange account and a camera app. and settings0>restrictions do not work in this case.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" Standard Spec. iPhone 4 16GB
Where did it go? Didn't think you could erase the default apps from the phone but its not there. I've moved around some icons recently but it shouldn't have disappeared completely. Any ideas/thoughts? TIA

If you mean that the square is there but its just a white background don't worry. I had this problem several times and Apple have only just admitted it is happening. Upgrade your iPhone software to 3.1.2 - As this was designed to fix these sort of issues. As for sorting it out try going to SETTINGS > GENERAL > RESET > RESET HOME SCREEN

see if that works.

Make sure you upgrade the iPhone software though

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Come on folks, this thread is a year old and was solved a year ago.

Reaction score
thankz wino II

Even though the thread is over a year old- save me from more hours of resets and frustration.
Thanks WinoII

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.