iMac 24' Boot Camp Windows XP Sigmatel HD Driver does not install

Reaction score
Hi!:[

I have a problem with the Sigmatel High Definition Driver for Windows XP SP3 on Boot Camp. It does not install

I've downloaded the driver from Gateway Support Site Map , but when I run the file in Windows XP on Boot Camp, the following error message shows up:

"Device Object not found..."

When I go to 'Device Manager' in Windows, it says that the sound card is not recognized at all.

Any ideas on a solution?

Specs:
- iMac 24'
- Windows XP SP3
- Boot Camp v2.0
- Sound Card: Sigmatel (?) High Definition Audio Driver

OP
B
Reaction score
Solved!

Hi, again!:D

I got it working now. The problem was that I thought the audio driver was of SigmaTel, but it was actually a RealTek card!

So, I found the RealTek drivers on the Leopard DVD 1 Disc, and succesfully installed them! No "Object blabla not found" this time! =)

But...when I rebooted there were almost no sound at all! I had to wheel up the volknobs to maximum to hear any sound from Windows!

So, I downloaded the newest drivers from http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...3&DownTypeID=3, installed them, rebooted, and whóla! =)

Hope this will help someone!

Reaction score
Thanks for posting your solution - so often people post "never mind, I fixed it..." without saying how, and we wind up seeing the problem again soon after. That really helps. Anyway, glad it worked out for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.