Power mac G4 going wireless

Reaction score
I just bought a Power mac G4 (Tiger) and would like to connect it wireless to my airport extreme. I am new to the Mac world and need help finding the right wireless card, it is for my young daughter so it does not have to be top of the line. Price is important.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core 2 Duo 1.83 ghz
hi,
just google "usb wireless adapters for mac" and see what comes up. i once saw one for 20 USD. u cannot put airport extreme in old macs like that. thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4ghz and Upgraded PowerMac G4 Graphite with 3 160gb hds, 1gb ram, wireless, superdrive
you could put a pci card in it. thats what i did and it worked wonders.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 Intel Core Duo Mac Mini; 4g RAM; 350g HD, OS 10.6.3
an older regular AirPort card will work too (pre-extreme). i found one on craigslist out of an older G3 for $25.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
If you live in a larger city in the US, check your local Sunday paper ads. Office Depot, Staples, Office Max, Circuit City, Best Buy, etc.

Sometimes they have them at 50%+ off. Sometimes next to nothing after the mail in rebate.

If you're in a more more rural area, you can check the weekly circulars on all of the above via their websites.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core 2 Duo 1.83 ghz
an older regular AirPort card will work too (pre-extreme). i found one on craigslist out of an older G3 for $25.

yes, this will work. for a short time i had a powermac g4 and there was an airport (nonextreme) card in it. of course, u have a better chance of getting that cheaper too. i said to get a USB one because was not sure if airport extreme would work with an average airport card... but i guess it can.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.