"There is Not Enough Memory or Disk Space to Complete the Operation"

D

dak

I get this message in Microsoft Word v.X when I try to copy and paste something. Ive cleaned up my computer in every way I know, zapping PRam, running Cocktail, repairing permissions numerous times, etc. Also, Ive deleted enough files to free up 5 Gigs of space. Short of just diagnosing this problem by saying that "Microsoft sucks", I also cant copy and paste in Safari. Please help, I need to be able to copy and paste to write long and boring essays.

System: Powerbook G4 / 867 Mhz / 640 MB Ram

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
dak said:
I get this message in Microsoft Word v.X when I try to copy and paste something. Ive cleaned up my computer in every way I know, zapping PRam, running Cocktail, repairing permissions numerous times, etc. Also, Ive deleted enough files to free up 5 Gigs of space. Short of just diagnosing this problem by saying that "Microsoft sucks", I also cant copy and paste in Safari. Please help, I need to be able to copy and paste to write long and boring essays.

System: Powerbook G4 / 867 Mhz / 640 MB Ram

Thanks in advance

Sounds like you may be short on ram... though you say you have 640, are you sure the system sees it all?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I believe it is a bug in the M$ application. I was donig a lot of cutting and pasting from excel to word. When I started seeing the same error message. I was able to continue my work. I think the document you are working on maybe to big or corrupted. I have about 400 pages in mine. I reduce it down to about 150 pages and the problem went away.

One day I will figure out a better way of generating offering receipts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
try opening the word doc in TextEdit. the OS clipboard works better than anything MS has in the office clipboard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
Ive seen people experie4nce many many probs copying and pasting between office apps. its best to export or save as in one app, then import to the other app, not C&P.

OP
D

dak

Thanks for the advice guys (girls). The thing is, it happens in Safari too like I said. And I cant copy and paste on a blank word document with every other program closed anyways. It might be my RAM or memory, but I should have enough free. How do I make sure my system sees it all and utilizes it all?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.