Which iPod to buy?

C

Creosote

Hi everyone,

Just like to ask your advice on what type of iPod i should get, but first i'll give you a bit of background info.

I started work at Kmart towards the end of last year and since then have been saving, always with an iPod in mind. Now today i have saved up around AU$420, and that should go up a few hundred with my birthday on the 31st of this month, plus i am making a website for a friend of ours who is starting up a new company, and that should fetch me a few hundred. Plus on top of that AU$10 pocket money each week (by the way, i'm 15).

I've decided that i want the iPod photo 40gb. I am a gadget freak, and i enjoy the finer things in life, always going for the more expensive quality items. I'm not a music freak, but i do have alot of music i could transfer onto the iPod that i would listen to whenever i go out, or on holidays, etc. I would even use it as a stereo at home if i buy one of them stereos you can plug it into. I would even let my family use it if they like. Another good point is that when we go on holiday i could put all the pictures on there, seeing as though my dad takes his PowerBook G4 with us all the time. Then taking it to friends houses on a slideshow would be heaps good too!

So i've been looking around, asking people my dad has connections with, and i've been looking on ebay too. I think that if i'm lucky i could get one for roughly AU$700, give or take AU$20.

I've thought about the other models, but i don't really like the black & blue screens, and the iPod shuffle doesn't really interest me as it wouldn't hold enough songs and doesn't have any photo capabilities.

So, in conclusion, i would rather get the iPod Photo as i like the latest technology gadgets. What do you guys think? Is it worth it? Should i wait for a new model to come out or wait until the current standard models come out with colour screens? How long will that take?

I apologize for the huge story i've written out, plus so many questions i've asked but i don't really want to waste all my savings.

Thanks so much for your time and i appreciate any response.

Cameron.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
sounds good. I think itll be a very long time, at least a year, before a new ipod model of any
kind comes out. the ipod photo will be good, if you have lots of photos, music, and files, you should be good with that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
sounds like you already have your mind made up :) Sounds like a good buy to me :)

OP
C

Creosote

Thanks Macman. That's good because i didn't want to splash out on one then see them bring out a new one. I should be able to get it at the end of the month, but i would also like to buy iPod socks, screen protectors and a hard case of some sort, and then eventually a stereo which i can plug it into.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.