3rd Gen iPod Issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I have a 3rd Gen iPod (touch buttons) that no longer lets me transfer music to it. Every time I try to transfer an album to it now, it freezes after about 10 songs or so. I tried restoring it and that didn't seem to help and I tried using an older version of iTunes and that didn't work either.

Any advice on what I should do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
Now you are saying that this is a 3rd Gen?

A lot of times the HD's start to go bad after that long.
Maybe you could use the Disk Utility found in the utilities folder at the bottom of Applications Folder. If you have disk mode on, It should appear in the Finder. From there, you should repair the disk with that Utility. I had done this one time for my friend with a 4G iPod and it worked.

Please dont feel obligated to do this if it is out of your skill level or you are just nervous about how to procure this Restore. Please Let me know if there is any other info that you need to know.

Hope That I Helped.

OP
Googly
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I put my iPod into disk mode and repaired it with Disk Utility. Disk Utility said that my iPod appears to be ok. I tried transfering music again and my iPod did eventually freeze up and caused iTunes to freeze as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.